95 pages – Suggested weeks to complete 8-10 weeks minimum
Table of Contents
Prologue – The Context of Redemptoris Mater
Chapter One – A Woman at the Heart of the Fullness of Time
Chapter Two – Mary, Full of Grace
Chapter Three – Blessed is She Who Believed
Chapter Four – Blessed is She Who Believed (Continued)
Chapter Five – Behold Your Mother
Chapter Six – Mother of God at the Center of the Pilgrim Church
Chapter Seven – Mary, Handmaid of the Lord
Chapter Eight – Mary in the Life of the Church and of Every Christian
A sample two-hour session
7:00 p.m. – Hellos
7:15–7:20 p.m. – Opening Prayer
7:20–7:40 p.m. – Read
7:40–8:00 p.m. – Discuss
8:00 p.m. – Break
8:10–8:30 p.m. – Read
8:30–8:50 p.m. – Discuss
8:50 p.m. – Closing Prayers/Announcements
9:00 p.m. – Goodbyes
- Audio Chapter 1 of the Endow Study: Mother of the Redeemer (Redemptoris Mater)
- Catholic Exchange Article: “Advent with the Mother of the Redeemer” by Teresa Hodgins
- Redemptoris Mater Online Study Recordings
- Advent 2022 Podcast Study Series YouTube Playlist
- Purchase the Mother of the Redeemer hardbound encyclical
- Writings of John Paul II YouTube Playlist
Paying it forward
Share interviews from the Endow YouTube Channel and episodes from The Endow Podcast with the women in your life!
Make a one-time gift to Endow to help women all over the world discover their God-given dignity!
Become a monthly supporter and join the Feminine Genius Circle!
God had plans for me — he introduced me to women who continue to remain close friends and are pillars in my spiritual journey. I pray that every woman takes an Endow course and learns the beauty of her feminine genius!Erin
In this 1987 encyclical, John Paul II reminds us that Mary is the greatest saint, and he explains why this is so. John Paul II calls her the “most excellent expression of the feminine genius.” Mary’s ‘yes’ to her role in God’s plan places her at the center of salvation history. This study helps women understand and appreciate the place Mary holds in the Church. As the patroness of Endow, she is the model for all Christian women to love and emulate. We have such a deep love and relationship with our Blessed Mother, you will see even our logo is resembled after her. With the stars representing her crown, we are asking her, as the ultimate witness of the feminine genius, to overshadow our work and pray for the women close to our mission.
Navigating the study
This study can be comfortably done in 8-12 weeks. Some quick notes for facilitators of this study:
- The encyclical is not included in this study but is only referred to throughout the chapters. For example, where it says “Read Redemptoris Mater 1-6” this is an indication to read the first six paragraphs of the actual text of John Paul II.
- There are many discussion questions in this study guide and it is impossible to answer all of them. It is up to the discretion of the facilitator to follow the lead of the women as well as the Holy Spirit in helping steward the questions that are most striking to the group!
- Remember quality over quantity.
How to get started
Step one – Register your group
Step two – Subscribe to the Endow Newsletter and ask your group to do the same!
Step three – Join us for our next virtual event. Check out our Events page.
The Endow team is here to support you in studying this important document! For an initial 20-minute Zoom meeting with us, please contact [email protected] with the subject line “Mentoring meeting”
We are here to support you
Throughout your study, as spiritual, theological, or pastoral questions arise, please contact Simone Rizkallah, Director of Program Growth, for support and additional resources to answer any questions that may arise! Please also consider emailing her testimonies from your group! We love to hear what the Lord is doing with your women!
Redemptoris Mater promotional kit