160 pages – Suggested weeks to complete 12 weeks minimum
Table of Contents
Chapter One – Sign of the Times
Chapter Two – Mother of God, Theotokos
Chapter Three – Image & Likeness of God
Chapter Four – Eve-Mary
Chapter Five – Jesus Christ
Chapter Six – Motherhood-Virginity
Chapter Seven – The Church, the Bride of Christ
Chapter Eight – The Greatest of These Is Love
A sample two-hour session
7:00 p.m. – Hellos
7:15–7:20 p.m. – Opening Prayer
7:20–7:40 p.m. – Read
7:40–8:00 p.m. – Discuss
8:00 p.m. – Break
8:10–8:30 p.m. – Read
8:30–8:50 p.m. – Discuss
8:50 p.m. – Closing Prayers/Announcements
9:00 p.m. – Goodbyes
- The Genius of Women YouTube playlist
- The Writings of John Paul II YouTube playlist
- On the Dignity of Women (Mulieris Dignitatem) by John Paul II YouTube playlist
- The Feminine Genius on Formed
- Annette Bergeon on Catholic Motherhood | The Augustine Institute Show with Dr. Tim Gray
- Women’s Ordination: Is It Still an Issue? by Sister Sara Butler, M.S.B.T
- “The Feminine Vocation” in Pope John Paul II’s Mulieris Dignatatum by Sr. Mary Timothy Prokes, F.S.E
- Woman of the Household Course
- Integral Sex Complementarity and the Theology of Communion by Sr. Prudence Allen, R.S.M., Ph.D
Make a one-time gift to Endow to help women all over the world discover their God-given dignity!
Become a monthly supporter and join the Feminine Genius Circle!
I have been a facilitator for a little over two years. I love this program and the goal to reach out to all women in all walks of life to embrace our God-given dignity which we all possess. And use our feminine genius in a profound way to transform our society.Anonymous
This apostolic letter contains the theological and philosophical underpinnings of Pope Saint John Paul II’s understanding of woman and her vocation. We are invited to ponder along with the Holy Father, the anthropology of man and woman, God’s intention for their relationship, woman’s vocation to motherhood, and the Church as Bride of Christ. John Paul II offers age-old truth with a freshness of thought that explains how “feminine genius” is essential to building a civilization of life and love.
Navigating the study
Along with John Paul II’s Letter to Women, Mulieris Dignitatem is Endow’s foundational text. It is also one of our most in-depth and robust studies. Although there are 8 chapters, we recommend a minimum of 12 weeks to complete this study. A couple of quick notes for facilitators of this study:
- The Apostolic Letter is not included in this study but is only referred to throughout the chapters. For example, where it says “Introduction;” this is an indication to read the Introduction of the actual text of John Paul II. Another example is where it is indicated to read “Article 1, Paragraph 1;” this means the first paragraph of the first article of the Vatican document.
- There are many discussion questions in this study guide and it is impossible to answer all of them. It is up to the discretion of the facilitator to follow the lead of the women as well as the Holy Spirit in helping steward the questions that are most striking to the group!
- Remember quality over quantity.
The commentary for this study guide was written by Dr. Madelynn Winstead and Terry Polakovic, co-founder of Endow and author of the Teacher of Prayer: St. Teresa of Avila study.
How to get started
Step one – Register your group
Step two – Subscribe to the Endow Newsletter and ask your group to do the same!
Step three – Join us for our next virtual event. Check out our Events page.
The Endow team is here to support you in studying this important document! For an initial 20-minute Zoom meeting with us, please contact [email protected] with the subject line “Mentoring meeting”
We are here to support you
Throughout your study, as spiritual, theological, or pastoral questions arise, please contact Simone Rizkallah, Director of Program Growth, for support and additional resources to answer any questions that may arise! Please also consider emailing her testimonies from your group! We love to hear what the Lord is doing with your women!
Mulieris Dignitatem promotional kit