Suggested weeks to complete 8-10 weeks minimum
Table of Contents
Chapter One – Living the Adventure
Chapter Two – Called to Care
Chapter Three – Catholic Social Teaching
Chapter Four – The Corporal Works of Mercy
Chapter Five – Caring for the Poor in Spirit
Chapter Six – Political Involvement
A sample two-hour session
7:00 p.m. – Hellos
7:15–7:20 p.m. – Opening Prayer
7:20–7:40 p.m. – Read
7:40–8:00 p.m. – Discuss
8:00 p.m. – Break
8:10–8:30 p.m. – Read
8:30–8:50 p.m. – Discuss
8:50 p.m. – Closing Prayers/Announcements
9:00 p.m. – Goodbyes
- Audio Chapter 1 of Created for Mission: High School Book 4
- The Endow High School Studies: A Conversation with the author Teresa Hodgins
- High School Study Series Launch Event Recording
- Catholic Exchange: Affirming Teens in their God-Given Dignity
- Catholic Exchange: Educating on the Nature and Dignity of Women with Annette Bergeon
- Aleteia: These new Catholic studies speak to the hearts of teen girls
- Mother Teresa Video
- Are You a Teacher? The Litany of Fortitude for Teachers
- The Identity Prayer
- Are you an educator? Pray this Litany of Fortitude
- Pearl & Thistle: An innovative approach to lifelong body literacy for Catholics
- The Risk of Education: A Conversation with Emilia Chornay
Make a one-time gift to Endow to help women all over the world discover their God-given dignity!
Become a monthly supporter and join the Feminine Genius Circle!
However, the new dynamic to all of this about which I’m pumped is that I have invited all of the moms in the community to meet at the same times that their daughters are meeting in order to study your “Letter to Women” content. Already, numerous of the moms have been receptive to the idea and are excited to engage.Nicole
The final study guide in our High School Study Series reiterates the truth that God has created each human person for a unique purpose. It emphasizes how we can discover God’s plan for us by growing in a relationship with Him and connects the concept of each young woman’s feminine genius to how God is calling her to live it out in our world. Created for Mission introduces the pillars of Catholic Social Teaching and presents the corporal and spiritual works of mercy as a foundation on which women can build their understanding of their own personal vocation. By learning about the lives of Saint Catherine Drexel, Saint Francis of Assisi, and others, young women will learn how to develop a deepened interior life and will naturally begin to contemplate their mission in life even before they leave home for college.
Navigating the study
This four-part series was created for young women in high school.
- Created for Love
- Created for Community
- Created for Holiness
- Created for Mission
Through reading aloud, group discussion, and dynamic activities, young women are introduced to their identity as daughters of God and their role in the Church and society through the intellectual tradition of our Catholic faith. Through these studies, they will grow in knowledge and understanding of the faith, leading to the development of virtue and a more active interior life. Ultimately, the goal of the Endow High School Study Series is to draw young women into a deeper, more profound relationship with Jesus Christ, the author of our dignity as women.
Creative ways to use these studies
- High School Youth Groups
- Home Study with Friends
- High School Religion Classes
- Day or Weekend Retreats
- Summer Study
How to get started
Step one – Register your group
Step two – Subscribe to the Endow Newsletter and ask your fellow facilitators to do the same!
Step three – Join us for our next virtual event. Check out our Events page.
We are here to support you
Throughout your study, as spiritual, theological, or pastoral questions arise, please contact us for support at [email protected]. Please also consider emailing testimonies from your group! We love to hear what the Lord is doing with your young women!
Created for Mission promotional kit
Wondering what to do with the boys?
- “Into the Breach” -Bishop Olmsted’s Apostolic Exhortation to Catholic Men
- Man of the Household
- That Man Is You!
Or a mixed group?
- Endow’s Study Guide on Humanae Vitae (Of Human Life) is a gender-neutral study appropriate for high school students.